The Departments of Geriatric Medicine, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care aims to develop and conduct translational research in areas of high importance to hospitalised people. These involve perioperative care of the older person, dementia, wound care in the elderly, cancer pathways for the older person, and the prediction and preferences for End-of-Life care. In addition, there are efforts underway to develop and study new models of care that enable early rehabilitation and home-based recovery.
- Who cares for the carer? Co-designing a novel service to support the health and wellbeing of older carers of older people.
- Improving care of people with chronic wounds
- Improving care of the older person ageing with injury and post-surgery
- Improving care of the Older person with cancer
- Improving the care of people with delirium