Peninsula Health Heart Service is an expanding unit providing holistic cardiac care to patients from the Mornington Peninsula, South Gippsland and surrounding areas. The Peninsula Health Cardiovascular Research Unit is rapidly evolving with research interests in all aspects of cardiovascular disease, and with international expertise in the study of coronary physiology, inflammation and post-acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) management. We are also involved in conducting several clinical trials ranging from first-in-man device trials to commercially sponsored multi-centred trials.
- To perform international standard clinical and translational research to support the provision of state of the art cardiac care at Peninsula Health.
- To provide quality mentoring and education to future healthcare providers and researchers in cardiovascular medicine.
- Assessment of Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome
- The use of geospatial programming to study health system provision and health care utilisation for acute coronary syndrome
- Innovative telemonitoring enhanced care program for chronic heart failure (ITEC-CHF) to improve compliance and care
- Colchicine to Prevent Periprocedural Injury in PCI (COPE-PCI) Randomised controlled trial
- Colchicine in Acute Coronary Syndrome (COPS) Trial
- Colchicine in cardiovascular disease: an ancient drug with modern tricks
- Diagnostic Accuracy of 3.0-T Magnetic Resonance T1 and T2 Mapping and T2-Weighted Dark-Blood Imaging for the Infarct-Related Coronary Artery in Non-ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Adenosine: physiology, pharmacology, and clinical applications
- Assessment of Fractional Flow Reserve in Patients With Recent Non-ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Fractional flow reserve vs. angiography in guiding management to optimize outcomes in non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction
- A FIRST-IN-HUMAN STUDY OF THE SECOND-GENERATION, THIN-STRUT, EVEROLIMUS-ELUTING BIORESORBABLE SCAFFOLD: 6-MONTH IVUS AND OCT RESULTS FROM THE FAST CLINICAL TRIAL
- Measurement of microvascular function in patients presenting with thrombolysis for ST elevation myocardial infarction, and PCI for non-ST elevation myocardial infarction
- Prognostic Value of the Residual SYNTAX Score After Functionally Complete Revascularization in ACS
- International longitudinal registry of patients with atrial fibrillation and treated with rivaroxaban: RIVaroxaban Evaluation in Real life setting (RIVER).